Thomas E. Dudley, M.D., Ph.D.
Hand & Wrist, Shoulder & Elbow, Hip, Knee
“The thing I really enjoy about orthopedics is that it gives me the ability to affect people’s lives in a positive way.”
I am committed to providing state-of-the-art surgical and nonsurgical care to ensure each patient receives individualized treatment and compassionate care. My practice is focused on general orthopedics, joint replacement surgery, and fracture treatment. In addition to seeing patients at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, I enjoy spending my free time writing, reading, fishing, and model building, in addition to spending time with my wife, Amy, and our two daughters.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Doctorate degree in Physiology - Kent State University
- Provides surgical and nonsurgical treatment for all orthopedic injuries and disorders
- Special interest in total knee and hip replacement surgery
- Active team physician for Jefferson Senior High School—Alexandria, Alexandria Beetles Baseball Team, University of Minnesota Morris, Minnesota State Community and Technical College—Fergus Falls, Osakis High School, West Central Area High School, Brandon–Evansville High School, Minnewaska Area High School, Hancock High School, and Parkers Prairie High School
- Published author in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (July 2008) and Atlas of the Hand Clinics (2006)
- Podium presenter at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons "Survivorship of UKA Revisions in a Community Joint Registry," 2008
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioner
"This is such a great place to go for your orthopedic needs; from the time I walked in the door till the time I walked out, they were such great people that really helped me. I was referred over to Heartland from another doctor, and when I started to explain to the Dr. Dudley about my hand, he new right away what was going on. He did some more checking to make sure, and it was what his first thought was. I had surgery on my hand, and it has been a week since the surgery, and so far no more pain in my wrist. I am very happy so far with my turnout.." --Thersia L.
"The folks at Heartland Orthopedics were absolutely fantastic. From the receptionist to the physical therapists to Dr. Dudley, I felt safe, cared for, and always in good hands while in their care. I was told to expect a four to six month recovery, but was back to my very physical job as a sanitation worker in only three months. Thanks to Dianne and Meagan for being ever so tough, but ever so diligent to get the most out of me. With their hard work, my wife's advice on nutrition and supplements, and a determination not to let this injury hold me back I am 100% recovered." -- David O.