Paul A. Dale, M.D.
Joint Replacements, Shoulder & Elbow, Hand & Wrist, Hip, Knee
“I treat all my patients as individuals, tailoring each person’s treatment to their particular condition.”
As a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, I am committed to providing state-of-the-art surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic care to ensure each patient receives individualized treatment and compassionate service. I focus on adult reconstructive surgery including knee, hip, and shoulder replacement procedures. I also specialize in the revision of previous replacement surgeries. I have been a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons since 1995, and with ongoing training, continue to offer the latest in adult reconstructive care to my patients. In my spare time, I enjoy hunting, snowmobiling, marathon running, and spending time with my wife and family.
Orthopaedic Residency - Mayo Clinic, 1985-1990
- Medical School - University of Minnesota, 1981-1985
- B.S. Physiology - Cornell University, 1981
Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - 1992
- Recertified 2003, 2012
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - 1994
- Member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- Member Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Member Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Member Norwegian American Orthopaedic Society
- Director Douglas County Hospital Joint Replacement Center
- Past Instructor for MIS Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hip Replacement
- Clinical Investigator for Genesis II Mobile Bearing Knee System
- Minnesota Medical Association 2011 Physician Leadership in Quality Award
- Member of 2011-2012 Leading Physicians of the World
- Outstanding Orthopaedic Resident Research, 1988 at MN Orthopaedic Society Meeting
- Published Author : Orthopedics, Clinical Orthopaedic and Related Research, Orthopaedic Transactions
- Presenter At : Orthopaedic Research Society, Gordon Research Conference, American Foot and Ankle Society.
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioner
"I find the doctor that did my knee replacement was very good. I have been taking therapy here at Elbow Lake Clinic and I find that everyday is an improvement for me. the nursing staff also has to have many thanks for a wonderful job that they did for me. Everyone was very friendly and helpful for me when I was in the hospital." -- Richard L.
"Dr. Dale is excellent, but then the whole staff is, one couldn’t ask for better service and organization." -- Michael B.