Dennis P. Weigel, M.D.
Shoulder & Elbow, Hand & Wrist, Hip, Knee
“I enjoy seeing my patients return to their pre-injured activities.”
I joined the United States Army Reserve following medical school and served as a Major in the United States Army Reserves Medical Division. In addition, I pursued advanced training in orthopedic surgery as part of my residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. My specialty is general orthopedics with an interest in adult hip and knee reconstruction and sports medicine. In my spare time, I also enjoy spending time with my family, golfing, hunting, fishing, and other water activities.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Focuses on the treatment and care of sports injuries
- Published author in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Adult hip and knee reconstruction
- Active team physician for Alexandria Beetles Baseball Team, Minnesota State Community and Technical College – Fergus Falls, University of Minnesota Morris, Alexandria High School, Osakis High School, Sauk Centre High School, Brandon/Evansville High School, West Central Area High School, Minnewaska Area High School, and Hancock High School
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioner
"I am currently doing physical therapy at Heartland following shoulder surgery. The surgery by Dr. Weigel went great, and the people over in the PT unit are wonderful. My recovery is going better than expected, and I hope to be back to full strength soon." --Tom D.
"I had my surgery on March 5 and I am eagerly awaiting my first follow up with Dr. Weigel. The whole staff has made this experience as good as it can be." -- Tom D.
"I would like to thank Dr. Dennis Weigel for the good job that he did is fixing my left shoulder and clavical. If he hadn't done such a good job I wouldn't be able to use my left arm anymore. I had started to fall and not thinking I grabbed the railing to keep from falling. It didn't hurt until the next day and then it was on a Saturday and so I waited until on Monday to call my doctor and he had an X-ray taken and told me that I had arthritis in the shoulder, so he gave me a prescription filled. This went on for over a month. I went back to the doctor and told him that I wanted to see a specialist. So he got me an appointment with Dr. Weigel. He gave me a shot in the shoulder and said to try that. Well I called him in a week and I got another appointment with him, and he suggested surgery. I said yes, so he got an appointment set for the surgery and if it wasn't for the surgery I wouldn't be able to use my arm. I want to thank Dr. Dennis Weigel for the good job and the good care that I got at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists. The personnel there at Heartland are all very concerned about the patients and they give 100%." -- Carrie V.